Worst-Gifts.com lets you buy the wackiest and stupidest gifts ever. Generally, the recipient will laugh out loud when getting his gift. But sometimes, these presents are so bad and horrible that you’d better send them anonymously (as for a secret santa or a white elephant gift exchange). So here’s our guide to send gifts anonymously:
Amazon’s FAQ about gifts states that “the name and address you provide as the shipping address will appear on the packing slip.” The gift wrapping and price will depend on the supplier.
But they don’t specify anything about showing or not the sender’s address. As a matter of fact, it sometimes shows up, sometimes not.
So, if you want to be extra-careful and completely anonymous, here your best course of action to hide your name on the Amazon gift:
- First, you should buy an amazon gift card of the amount of the gift you are going to buy. For instance, if you’re gonna buy a “Come back with a warrant” Mat, buy a card for 16.99$.
- For the gift card recipient, select your own email address!
- You’ll receive an email in the following minutes with your gift code / voucher that you’ll be able to use when sending the gift
- Go to the product page of the product you want to buy, and select “Add to Basket”
- If the option is available, check the “this is a gift” box (If not, don’t worry, it just means the item won’t be wrapped in gift wrapping paper)
Top-Selling Gift Categories:
- Proceed to checkout, and add a new delivery adress (the adress of the gift recipient, like your mother-in-law)
- Follow all the normal order steps until the payment page. On the “Choose Gift Options” page, check the box “Gift Receipt” to hide the price on your present.
- Now you can add you gift card that won’t show up on the gift and let you be completely anonymous:
- Pay with your card, and wait for the recipient to receive his gift!
Note: if you want to be EXTRA CAREFUL, you could create a new account with a fake name and use the same process stated here. It’s forbidden by Amazon TOS, so we’re not endorsing it. The other option would be to send the gift to yourself by mail, and then deliver it through snail mail by going to the post office
Sources: Amazon FAQ, Reddit
This guide is for informational purposes only